Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Beer of the Week


The beer:
Hop God

Brewed by: Nebraska Brewing Company, Papillion, Nebraska

Description (from the bottle): "Contained within this bottle is an artful creation which began with our Hop God Belgian-style IPA further enhanced by a 6-month maturation in French Oak Chardonnay barrels. Hop God is a big, bold Belgian style Tripel hopped in very high amounts to concentrate citrus, grapefruit, peach, and floral aromatics in the nose. The addition of Chardonnay barrel aging adds further dimension and oak dryness to an already wonderfully complex Ale."

Would I buy it again?: I wasn't expecting to enjoy this beer. I'm not a big fan of hoppy beers, and at 101 IBU, I was expecting the beer called Hop God to be, well, hoppy. But it's actually not bitter at all. That aging in the Chardonnay barrels has done wonders for the beer, because this is a very balanced beer that's honestly not difficult to drink at all. It tastes a bit like a Chardonnay as well. I don't think I'd buy it again at $26, but if it was half that price, yeah, I'd get it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment