Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Project Happy Hole-idayz

Brewed by: Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, North Carolina

Description (from Untappd): "Brewed with Sheetz vanilla donut holes, this collaboration is a deep golden pale ale with notes of fresh baked donuts, vanilla frosting, graham crackers, honey, and malted barley."

Would I buy it again?: I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this beer. I don't want to say that it's bad, it's just ... strange. The decision to make a doughnut beer out of a pale ale is quite frankly baffling. You would expect this to be a stout, maybe a porter, but not a pale ale. On the one hand, I respect the choice to be different, but on the other, I have to imagine this beer would have been much better if a more appropriate beer style had been chosen. If there was a doughnut stout, I'd be all over that in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment