Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Virginia Cream Ale

Brewed by: 2 Silos Brewing Company, Manassas, Virginia

Description (from the website): "A tribute to our brewery’s dairy past, this velvety smooth, medium-bodied golden ale with a creamy palate feel, is crafted with clover honey, milk sugar, orange peel and natural vanilla. Best enjoyed fresh!"

Would I buy it again?: Lactose in beer is not something I'm always a big fan of. Milk stouts are often good, but the IPAs filled with lactose ... those don't work for me. For a cream ale though, I think it works great, and this beer is very good. The beer is fairly sweet but not heavy like a stout, and there's very little hoppiness. I'm a fan, and I would definitely buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment