Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Beer of the Week

The beer: Saison de Lis

Brewed by: Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Missouri

Description (from the website): "A straw colored Belgian-style Saison brewed with chamomile flowers. It is fermented with a traditional saison yeast strain that imparts fruity and spicy notes that dovetail perfectly with the tea-like quality of the chamomile. Finishes dry, tart, and refreshing."

Would I buy it again?: I bought this beer quite a while ago, and at that point, I had no idea what chamomile tasted like. Well, in between then and now, I got a very sore throat and was drinking chamomile tea multiple times a day in a desperate search for relief. During that time, I learned that I really don't like chamomile that much. So a beer flavored with chamomile really didn't do much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment