Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: Saison Farmhouse-style Ale

Brewed by: Ardent Craft Ales, Richmond, Virginia

Description (from the website): "Our Saison is a pale gold-colored farmhouse-style ale. We use a traditional yeast strain and Continental hops that in combination imbue an aroma with a mild spiciness tempered with fruit. The beer is medium-bodied, with a slight acidity. It is effervescent and dry, with an edge of bitterness that balances the fruitiness of the aroma. A yeast-derived refreshing, spicy ale."

Would I buy it again?: Probably not. It just didn't grab me. If I were to end up at their taproom, I'd reconsider, but I wouldn't buy a bottle of it at a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment