Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Beer of the Week

The beer: Karasu

Brewed by: Abnormal Beer Company, San Diego, California

Description (from the website): "We teamed up with the Masters of Lager, Eppig Brewing, to create this Japanese inspired Schwarzbier. Utilizing rice and a specific yeast strain along with Columbus, Nugget, Northern Brewer and Saaz hops, we created this dark lager that is crisp yet offers a depth of flavor."

Would I buy it again?: This is the second lager with rice I've had in the past month, and while I did like this one, I preferred the one from Troegs. The Karasu is just a little too bitter, in my opinion. Not in a way that completely ruins it, but it does prevent the beer from being something I'd pursue again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment