Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Beer of the Week

The beer: Paradise Imperial Stout

Brewed by: Prairie Artisan Ales, Krebs, Oklahoma

Description (from Craftshack): "Coconut Vanilla Stout. It’s about to get really hot outside. How about a cold glass of refreshing Imperial Stout. Yep, you heard that right. Brand new to our line up is Prairie Paradise. We took a stout, gave it a hint of vanilla and a good deal of toasted coconut and created one season defying, genre bending brew. Imperial stouts are usually thought of as a cold weather beer, but here the coconut and vanilla blend push the image of the stout into a year round, all season style."

Would I buy it again?: Okay, here's the thing with beers like this. They're good. Very good. Of course they are. And this is no different. It's very thick and dessert-y, and I really enjoyed it. But I wouldn't buy it again. One can cost $9, and that's twice as much as it should. The only reason I bought this is because I'm collecting beer bottles/cans from every state, so in that regard, I suppose it was worth it. But in every other regard, I can buy something that's just as good for a lot less.

No comments:

Post a Comment