Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Monday, October 24, 2016

Picture(s) of the Day #4

So, I had to get a new car recently. The transmission on my last car, a 2004 Volkswagen Golf GTI, gave out. Now I've got a 2004 Acura RSX (well, it's new to me), and I wanted to really give it a proper drive. All I had done with it was run errands around town and commute to work and back. But on Saturday, October 22, I decided to change that. I wanted to go someplace that was out of the way, where the roads would be relatively empty and I could really have some fun driving. I don't know exactly why I chose to go to Spruce Knob, the highest point in West Virginia, but that's where I went. I guess it makes some sense. It's not too far away, but far enough away that I would do a lot of driving, it's a significant local landmark, and it wasn't going to be too crowded. It was a cool and windy day at sea level, and Spruce Knob, being nearly 5,000 feet high, was only going to be cooler and windier. And boy, it was a lot cooler and a lot windier. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find up there, but I wasn't expecting snow. There wasn't a lot of it, but it was there. So, here's some pictures I took from the summit. I'm actually kind of glad I went when the weather wasn't brilliant, it's easy to take cool pictures on a bright summer day, it's a lot harder to take cool pictures on a mostly cloudy day with brutal winds.






I also took a little side trip to Seneca Rocks, which are very impressive looking. And warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment